First Day/Week of School

The girls started back to school last week. Meredith attends a full day preschool in town. This is her second year there and she is excited to be a part of the "older kids". It has been quite an adjustment getting up earlier and not having a nap during the day. She has been falling asleep on the way home from school and bed time cannot come soon enough most nights for her.


Hannah is in 3rd grade this year. It is the first time she has been in the same building as me. She was very hesitant at first, but I think she has come to realize it is not such a bad thing, especially when she needs something. Hannah really likes school and loves her teacher. She has been so lucky in her school experience to always get a teacher she likes. I have never had to deal with her not wanting to go to school, which is such a blessing. We are going through a stage where athletic clothes are pretty much the only thing she will wear. I try to just pick my battles with this as I can remember fighting with my mom about clothes (except I was probably 15). Some days I just look at her and wonder where my little girl has gone.




Hannah had braces put on this summer, as well as a palette expander. She was quite miserable at first, but is adjusting. Her speech is much better and she is eating more variety of foods. The palette expander doesn't allow her to bite down all of the way, so she struggles with some foods and gum and hard/sticky candy are forbidden. She will wear a retainer for two years following this treatment and then will have a full set of braces put on. She has a long road ahead of her and I keep reminding her that her smile will be beautiful.

We bought a new car this summer also (Suburban). It is so nice to be able to separate the kids when we are going places. There is less fighting and they can watch their own movies. I like that the middle seats are split, although Hannah may tire of picking up everything her brother and sister drop.

1 comment:

Danette said...

The girls look great. I love that Hannah is sporting the athletic look, my kind of girl. Don't worry, when she starts in with the expensive girly side you will be wishing the shorts and t's back!
Good for you and the new Suburban. I'm jealous, it looks awesome.
Hope school is going well. I start back to work tomorrow for 3 days and then kids start back next Tues. I'm not sure I'm ready but here we go anyway.