Christmas 2008

Christmas this year was very relaxing for the Meyer Family. Our last day of school was the 23rd. We spent Christmas Eve at Josh's parents, where the kids were spoiled with lots of gifts from grandpa and grandma and aunts and uncles. This is always a fun time for the family with lots of good food to eat. Santa came to our house on Christmas morning. Hannah was up at 4:30 asking if Santa had come. She was convinced to go back to bed for a while. Hannah's favorite gift was her cupcake maker. It only takes about 45 minutes per cupcake :) Meredith had asked Santa for a washing machine for her playhouse and was so excited to see that he had brought it. Lake could really care less about any of his gifts. I actually rewrapped some of his gifts from the night before so the kids wouldn't wonder why he didn't get as much. They never even noticed. I really couldn't justify spending a bunch of money on gifts Lake wouldn't be able to play with for quite some time. I let each of the girls buy something for each other and for Lake. This was really cute and they were really interested in whether the other person liked their gift. In the afternoon, we went over to my brother's and opened gifts. He had a really neat train set that the girls liked playing with. I remember growing up and my grandpa always had a train that went around his tree. I just might try this next year. Friday we headed to St. Louis to visit my family. We had a great time just hanging out. Hannah became a Wii champ and Josh realized he usually goes to bed at a reasonable hour for a reason. We had dinner with my aunt and uncle and their family Saturday night. This was a great time to catch up with family. The girls have lots of cousins on the Silvernail side of the family that they don't get to see too often. Sunday morning, we were up bright and early and headed to The Mills for some much needed shopping. Hannah and Meredith have outgrown all of their clothes and were in desperate need for some new ones. I have never seen such great deals. We could have spent hours there, but needed to get back to celebrate my nephew's 16th birthday. Now we are back to reality and the cleaning has begun. I didn't know it was even possible to accumulate this much laundry. Here are some pictures from the week.


Meredith and Lake telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas. Meredith was so sweet and told Santa what to get for Hannah.

Meredith loved Christmas this year. I think she was finally old enough to get the whole concept.

Lake happy as always. This kid is way too easy.

The kids at grandpa and grandma's before the mass opening of presents began.

Hannah with her first cupcake from the Cupcake Maker.

Uncle Jeff is always trying out new things with Lake.

Meredith was so excited to receive her manicure set. Aunt Jodi did such a beautiful job!

1 comment:

Danette said...

I love Lake's outfits in these pictures. Looks like everything was a hit. I'm glad Meredith is learning young to do her domestic duties!! I could really go for one of those cupcakes too but I don't think I have the patience to wait for it to be done!