Molly R.I.P.

Molly had to be put down Monday morning after suffering a spinal cord injury. We have no idea what happened. She was fine in the morning and that afternoon we called her in from outside because it was about to storm. She wasn't moving the entire hind end of her body and was just dragging it. I thought all day about how I was going to tell Hannah. I decided to be as honest with her as reasonable for her age. She cried a couple of tears and then in that child like way, asked if we could get a duckling. Meredith doesn't really understand what is going on, but asks where Molly is constantly. She could have cared less about Molly before this. We'll miss Molly, but I can honestly say I doubt she will be replaced any time in the near future. Kids are enough work without adding an animal.

4 comments:

Danette said...

Snif,Snif- that is so sad. I guess if you look on the positive side, you will be saving money every month with one less mouth to feed.
I would hold off as long as possible on getting another pet. Maybe when you move into that dream home out in the country!
I'm loving your blog so keep it up.

mrauser said...

that is sad jenny v. im sorry.

one of the cats ate bubba our fish last week "allegedly" - i cant find him. mallory hasnt noticed that he is missing yet, she just told me that i need to clean the tank out so she could see him . . . .

LOVE seeing pics of the girls - RECENT ONES TOO!!!

mrauser said...

i wish i had the poem that you gave me when molly died - do you remember that in college? you are such a good friend!

Mandy's Real Design said...

BJ and I are very sorry to hear about your loss! Hope you are doing good, keep in touch!